The Taupō District Careers Roadshow is now postponed until 2021.
The success of Taupo Pathways relies on the involvement of as many local businesses as possible.
We would appreciate your participation through:
- Exhibiting at the Careers Roadshow - 2020.
- Providing work experience for our Licence to Work students and Gateway students.
Participating in our Pathways Connect workplace visits program.
Mentoring young people entering the workforce.
Supporting local schools and training institutions by providing insights to your industry, the prerequisites and skill-sets required and speaking to students at the participating schools about career pathways in your organization.
- Providing employment for young people.
Registering on our employer database to keep up to date with the latest Pathways activities.
Providing sponsorship for our programmes, resource development and/or events.
Gateway is known as the bridge between school and the world beyond. It is available to Year 11—13 students in the school. The programme is managed by the Gateway Coordinator who interviews the students for their suitability and then customizes their learning plan.
Benefits for employers:
- Gives you the opportunity to showcase your industry to the employees of the future
- Allows you to see if the student has the right attitude and skills to be employed
- Provides the chance to give something back to your community
- Helps schools and communities develop strong relationships with local businesses and industry training organisations.