Taupo Pathways run a fortnightly Apprentice Connect meeting at Toi Ohomai.
If you have apprentices that would be interested in attending or you would like to be involved as a mentor then please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The success of Taupo Pathways relies on the involvement of as many local businesses as possible.
We would appreciate your participation through:
- Exhibiting at the Careers Roadshow - 2020
- Providing work and Gateway experience for young people
Providing employment opportunities
Assist and mentor young people entering the workforce
Supporting local schools and training institutions by providing insights to your industry, the prerequisites and skill-sets required
Join the employer working group to help with business recruitment, networking, employer training and best practice
Register on our employer database to keep up to date with the latest Pathways activities
Provide sponsorship for our programmes, resource development and/or events
Gateway is known as the bridge between school and the world beyond. It is available to Year 11—13 students in the school. The programme is managed by the Gateway Coordinator who interviews the students for their suitability and then customizes their learning plan.
Benefits for employers:
- Gives you the opportunity to showcase your industry to the employees of the future
- Allows you to see if the student has the right attitude and skills to be employed
- Provides the chance to give something back to your community
- Helps schools and communities develop strong relationships with local businesses and industry training organisations.