Introducing our PATHWAYS CONNECT program - Youth workplace visits - Connecting Youth and Employers for a better future
Taupo Pathways have started a new program called Pathways Connect.
Our Pathways Connect Program aims to connect young people, educators and employers in the Taupo District through workplace visits in order to introduce young people to the various careers available which will help them decide on a career pathway into meaningful employment.
Visits to organizations bridge the gap between theoretical education and the real-life environment for young people. They enable students to better identify their prospective career pathways in an organization and understand the educational requirements and internal progression to the role they desire.
The Pathways Connect program creates a platform for you as an Employers to:
- Raise the profile of your industry.
- Tap into the pipeline of future employees to meet skill set needs for your business.
- Save time and money with a planned, connected approach to your future staffing.
- Help Educators learn your requirements.
- Showcases the career paths in your business.
- Be part of inspiring our young people and assisting them to create a pathway to remain in, or return to, the Taupo District.
- Connect with and mentor students through their education so that they are fully prepared to step into a specific role within their company.
The workplace visits will be based on the 6 vocational pathways available to students being Primary Industries, Service Industries, Social and Community Services, Manufacturing and Technology, Construction and Infrastructure and Creative Industries.
What is involved?
- Students from Taupo-nui-a-Tia College and Tauhara College year 11 students will visit your organization for a day in either Term 2 or Term 3.
- While at your organization we suggest that they do a tour of your company and that you explain what career paths are available to them in the different departments of your organization.
- You will determine how many students you can accommodate and how long they spend at your organization.
- It would be great if you could put together a handout containing a summary of your organization, a list of the roles available at your organization, subjects they will need to take at school and whether they will need to go to University or undertake an Apprenticeship in order to get into those roles.
If you would like to partner with us in our Pathways Connect program please contact us email - firstname.lastname@example.org.