Our Strategic Plan
Our Strategic Priorities and Objectives
Enable connections and relationships that will contribute to young people achieving their full employment potential within the Taupō District.
- Through connections and relationship-building, link young people with Taupō District employers and businesses.
- Ensure our young people have an understanding of an engage in training to meet employer and industry skill-set needs.
- Identify barriers to accessing employment for young people in the Taupō District in order to provide support in removing the barriers.
- Ensure our young people’s career aspirations and goals are understood.
Promote young people to employers, as key contributors to the prosperity of Taupō District businesses.
- Develop a meaningful and supportive relationship with employers and businesses throughout the Taupō District.
- Encourage employers to employ young people.
- Understand employer staffing and skillset requirements to facilitate connections with appropriately skilled young people.
- Support employers and businesses to engage in Best Practice employment behaviours when employing young people.
Encourage community-wide engagement in the shaping of our young peoples’ wellbeing with a particular focus on employment outcomes.
- The Community celebrates young people and employer achievements.
- Community-wide resources and services are understood so connections can be made for young people requiring support during the transition into training or employment. (Making connections with the community).
- Gain community buy-in and investment through a number of resource types (E.g. funding, facilities, time, mentoring).
Build robust relationships with all stakeholders through clear, concise and meaningful communication.
- Develop, maintain and nurture connections and relationships built with young people, employers and the members of the community.
- Facilitate access to up-to-date resources for young people seeking employment in Taupō District.
- Facilitate access to up-to-date resources for employers seeking employees in Taupō District.
- Reinforce a positive message about employment and lifestyle opportunities in the District.